Saturday, January 30, 2010

What a week:)

I haven't posted lately, so I figured I would. This one might be a little long.

I've been in the gym some this week:) Proud of myself. I've been doing 1-1 1/2 miles on the treadmill. Just walking and setting the incline at 10 and moving down (something my trainer use to do with me). Well on Tuesday I did 2.68 miles. I was so proud of myself. On that note I've lost 3 pounds this week. GO ME!

Went to my first ever Pampered Chef party and won a door prize. How awesome is that:)

We had two field trips this week with school. Both kids had a blast. Natalie had a assembly yesterday in which she got an award. GO NATTY!

Grocery shopping this week ROCKED! I scored some diapers at Target for $3.99 a pack, and managed to get $5 gift cards also. I've decided that I'm taking all the gift cards I get from Target and putting them in and envelope and marking it Christmas. Just throw them in there all year long and then when Christmas time rolls around, I can use the Target cards to buy gifts. Stocked up on diapers and pull ups (seeing how two of mine wear pull ups to bed). Oh and wipes. I could stack coupons on wipes also and ended up getting them for $3.74 a 3 pack refill. Not bad since they are normally $5-$6.

My best shopping trip was at Kroger. They are having their Mega sales event (I love when they have these). I got $611.78 (I about hit the floor when I saw that total) worth of groceries for only $213.91. I saved $397.87 or 65%. I got tons of stuff for school lunches, snackes, main dish stuff, and dinner sides. Even managed to get more paper towels and TP (not that I needed either, but stock, stock, stock).

We are snowed in today! Thank goodness I got groceries yesterday:)

Been slacking some on my 15 minutes cleaning challenges this week, but got back into it this morning. This really works, I just need to get everyone else doing them.

1 comment:

richy_Buttkiss said...

Hello Jessica,
I'm delighted to see that somebody else shares my hobby of coupon clipping! ;-) I too save 65% of my total spending? You're always talking about your kid... I think you would like my blog?

RIchy B.